Saturday, April 13, 2013

wedding music...

Our wedding is going to be super tiny, with 24 people total (including Robyn and myself), so we're just renting the PA system at the garden, and doing our own music.  Luckily, we rented the tea house in the garden for our reception, as well, so we don't have to move people from venue to venue, and make sure no one gets lost.

So, I have to load up five hours of songs onto my iPod, in order to keep the music flowing during the reception.  I wanted all of the music to be on the "love" theme, so I seriously created a spreadsheet, and spent hours internetting, to try and figure out what songs to include on the list.  Fiance helped, too... thank goodness.  It's a very comprehensive list, and includes a bit of everything.  I'm pretty proud of it!

We also had to figure out what music people would be walking down the aisle to, and what music to use for all the dances like first dance, and dad and daughter dance.  So, I'm going to share that with you, now!

My maid of honor--my gorgeous sister, Kasandra--and my flower girl--my super cutie pie niece, Brooklyn--will be walking down the aisle to The Vitamin String Quartet's version of Eric Calpton's "Wonderful Tonight."


I will be walking down the aisle to Ingrid Michaelson's version of Elvis Presely's "Can't Help Falling in Love."


Robyn and I will be walking down the aisle together, after the ceremony to Bright Eyes' "First Day of my Life."


Our first dance will be to Cat Power's version of Phil Phillips and The Twilights' song "Sea of Love."


And the dad and daughter dance will be set to Ray LaMontagne's "Let it be Me."


And then there's over 100 songs for the rest of the reception, which I'm not going to list here, haha.

So, yup, that's a brief foray into what music will be included at the wedding.  Very brief.

On a side note, I have to mention how infatuated I am right now with Ms Mr, especially their song "Fantasy."  You should all give it a listen.  I'll even make it easy on you, and embed the music video in this post!


Well, that's all for now.  Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3