Saturday, February 5, 2011

sure! OWL take this lovely survey...

So... I have 23 days left in Korea before I return home.  I can't believe how fast the time is going.  I'm spending my days trying to organize my life to mail back home and fit into suitcases.

I have also been watching Mad Men.

I can't figure out if I like this show or not.  Sometimes I get really bored, and then sometimes really interesting things happen.  I dunno, I figure I don't like it too much, because I generally use it as background noise for when I'm cutting things out, or trying to put things into boxes.

My current big project is cutting out pieces of paper for a wall mural thing.

If you all remember this picture:


The flowers in the back are all part of a wall sticker set.  Each leaf, each stem, each flower is all a separate piece.  I really really loved it, but I wanted to be able to bring it back to Canada and make it BIGGER.  So, I decided to reattach that wall sticker to the paper it came with, and to buy two more sets from E-Mart, and then cut out each individual little piece from all three sets.

Yeah, ambitious.

So, I have been cutting things out for hours at a time for the past three days.  It's a lot of work, but it'll be worth it, seeing as how I have a tendency to move around a lot, so I don't have to worry about the pieces being perma-stuck to the wall, since I'll just paste them up with sticky tack!

It's this set, so, think this:


Picture via

Except three times bigger and with no cat and butterflies... because I didn't like them, so I didn't bother cutting them out.

Nowwwww, to get to the survey I mention in the title of mah post!

Jess from not your average joan of archetypal patterns tagged me in this ginormous survey thingamajigger, so, here goes:

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?

Family members.  No question.  I get super attached to my pets, even fish, and I consider them family members.

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?

Like pretty much everyone else has said, money.  I would want a squajillion dollars, I would pay off my student loans, I would buy a house, I would decorate it the way I want, I would probably go to school again, I would travel... I would do a lot of things!

3. What is the one thing most hated by you?

Bad table manners, for reals, yo.  Chewing with your mouth open, talking with food in your mouth.  Once in a while if forgivable, everyone does it, pretty much, but, people who do it ALL THE TIME drive me insane.  Including people whose gum chewing is audible.  I don't need to hear your saliva crackling and gum snapping.  Gross, yo.

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

See number two, I would do everything.

5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?

Blogging, for reals.  Also, vegging and listening to music, watch movies, drawing, reading.  Doing something repetitive.  Stuff like that.

6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Being loved by someone.  I loved the evil ex endlessly, and it caused me nothing but pain.  Also, it's nice to feel validated in your love for someone else by knowing that they love you back.

7. What is your bedtime routine?

I tell myself that I'm going to go to bed early, and then I end up going to bed way too late because I lose track of time, and then I struggle to fall asleep.

8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?

Singleeee.

9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?

Oh god, I don't even know where to start with this.  I find that I can't really relate to other people's creative processes.  Maybe a photographer, I'd like to be able to learn something from a photographer.

10. What kinds of books do you read?

I read a lot of different kinds of books... I can never get into sci-fi or fantasy, though... aside from Harry Potter.

12. What’s your fear?

Besides everything?  Seriously, I'm afraid of so many things that it's ridiculous.  Some things include: the down escalator, all insects including butterflies and ladybugs, clowns, spiders, raccoons... the list goes on.

13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?

No.  Not because I love junk food, because, really, I could take it or leave it, but because I NEVER WANTED TO BE BLASTED INTO SPACE.

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?

Married and poor.  I don't mind being single, I suppose, but I love being loved... and I want to have a family of my own someday.  So, I would definitely rather be married and poor.

15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

Wish I didn't have to get up.

16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?

For him to exist and not be imaginary as of this point in time?

17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?

Probably something ridiculous.  Remember when Homer re-named himself Max Power, and then he got Marge's name changed to Chesty LaRue?  I would probably choose something like Chesty LaRue.  something entirely ridiculous.

18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?

Hahaha... oh man.  Well, let's see... I am capable of forgiving, but incapable of forgetting, but, once I forgive you for something, if you keep doing it over and over, I'm going to stop forgiving you... evil ex, here's looking at you.  Really, though.  I give people a lot of chances... and, if it gets to the point where you've pissed me off so badly that I think I deserve an apology, unless I receive that apology, then I won't just forgive you.  It takes a lot before I demand an apology.  Although, I have learned that quite a few things are unforgivable.

19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?

Soup?  You can make a million different kinds of soup, so, I would choose soup.

So, there's the end of the survey.  I have to tag people for it and make up titles for them now...

But, I will do that later.

You know, I have been writing this for... three days now?

This whooole last little bit probably isn't going to make any sense, because I'm drunk blogging.  It's four in the morning here, and I just got home.  I made chicken soup earlier today, but didn't eat any of it, and I have a lot of french bread because I bought it in anticipation for delicious chicken noodle soup, so I reheated some soup, and now I'm going to enjoy some french bread with it.  Also, I tried to call my parents, but their line was busy.  That is incredibly lame.  I was drinking for 8 hours tonight, I think that is probably not healthy.

A drunk person has hijacked my blog.  This is classy.

I just sent an angry message to the evil ex.  I shouldn't be allowed on the computer when I've been drinking.  I've never actually done that before... before tonight... this morning... whatever.

Either way, I'm sure there will be backlash from that, that I will have to deal with in the morning, that I will have no memory of, but, hey!  Thaml goodness my blog is here to remind me!

My computer just made a loud noise like Darth Vader and scared me.

I'm going to go watch Mad Men and then try and call my parents again.  Because nothing says "this is a good way to end a ndrinking binge like talking to your parents!"

I love you guys, and not just because i'm drunk.

Toodles <3

P.S.  I was going to write something imporTANT HEre, but forgot what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3