Thursday, February 10, 2011

lettin' it all hang out...

I got the pox in the third grade.  It was at least the second time that I had had them.  Mild case(s) before.  Anyways.  My first poc (what the crap is the singular for for chicken pox?) appeared on the right side of my nose.

I thought it was a zit.

Because EVERY normal nine year old gets acne???  Though, it would be fitting, considering the downhill battle I continue to have with acne and acne scars.

ANYWAYS, I picked at it and picked at it and picked at it and picked at it... and, now, I have an ugly ass scar on the right side of my nose.  It looks like someone stuck a straw there and sucked on it until it left a ring there.

Also, the pox got in my throat.  I had chicken pox, IN MY THROAT, guys!

I remember we were eating hamburgers for dinner, and it hurt so bad, I couldn't swallow, and I was crying, and my mom took me to the emergency room, and the doctor had a really thick accent, and he said my tonsils were dead.

I FAAAAHREEEAKEDDDD.  Who knew what tonsils did, but I sure as hell knew I didn't want DEAD THINGS in my throat!

Turns out he said they were RED.  And, I still have those little bastards to this very day.

Anyways, chicken pox in the throat, in the hair.  Everywhere.

Now that you're all grossed out, here's a fun little video!

Yup, I am buying into this whole accent meme thing.  I'm breaking the silence, guys, ruining the mystery, letting it all hang out...

Hahaha, now you're all worried that I'm going to be naked in the video!

Really, though... I think my voice is annoying, so I'm sure you will, too.  Koreans think it's cute... I've been told it's because I sound like I could be an anime character.

Also, we use these really horrible CD-ROMs in class, and I sound like some of the characters off of the CD-ROMs... the intentionally high pitch voiced to make them sound like small children, characters.  My students LOVE laughing at me when we do listen and repeat, and the character says it first, and then I say it, and I sound like the character.

Joy of joys.

Also, I added some words onto the list, because I apparently say them weird, according to other people.  Also, I want to say that it's totally douchey when you hear someone say a word a "weird" way and interrupt them and completely ignore everything they were talking about to comment on the way they say the word.  It happens to me ALL THE EFFING TIME, and I am SO TIRED of it.  Seriously, pay attention to what I'm saying, not how I'm saying it, YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME, don't be an asshat.

I recently had someone go on and on and on and on and on and on about the way I was saying a word in the question I was asking them, and I asked them the question about a million times before they finally got that OH HEY, I guess what you're asking is important, too.

Honestly, at that point I was just so irritated that I didn't care about the question anymore.

I'm all worked up now, and now I want some ice cream with sliced up banana and strawberry and chocolate sauce and walnuts... but I don't have any of those ingredients.

Fair warning, this video pretty much reveals that I talk almost exactly like how I write...


The Words:

aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught,

Words added by me because apparently I say them funny:

almond, boat, blouse, vase, bagel, plague, banana, roof, don't

The Questions:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

So, there you have it, my first vlog thinger, I hope I didn't annoy you all too too much!

I'm going to eat pizza and organize!

Toodles <3

P.S.  It took me twenty minutes to figure out how to get a video from my youtube account onto my blog.  Turns out, I needed to link my youtube account to my google account.  GAHHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3