Sunday, May 12, 2013

mom...


I know this is pretty obvious, but, today is Mother's Day, guys!

Our wedding has kind of taken over the whole first half of May, so we celebrated my mom yesterday, along with our rehearsal dinner.  We got my mom a copy of The Guilt Trip, because I thought it was a cute movie, and that she would like it.  Mom isn't huge into movies, unless they have people like Barbara Streisand in them, haha.  Hopefully she likes it!

I talk to my mom on the phone a few times a week, and, lately, I've been going to see her with my sister once a week for a little Smith family coffee date.  It's nice :)  I really love my mom, even though there were times when I didn't really show her that when I was younger.  But, really, do teenage girls EVER truly appreciate their mothers?

We may have had our differences in the past, and, sometimes I get really annoyed with her really fast, but she's one of my favourite people in the world, and spending whatever time with her that I can makes me superbly happy.  She's an amazing woman.  She's so caring and loving, and she has the biggest heart out of anyone that I've ever known.  If there's anyone that I strive to be like, it's my mom.  She was the best mother growing up, and I hope I'll be even a fraction as good of a mother as she was.

I love watching her with my little nieces, she's pretty much the greatest grandmother ever.  The love and care and attention that she shows them just melts my heart.  You can see the love in her eyes with everything she does.

So, here's to my mom!  I love you!

Toodles, lovelies!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my totally awesome 10 000 page views giveaway!  It will be awesome!  I will draw for the winner on June 10th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3