Sunday, May 5, 2013

busy, busy, busy...

This has been such a busy weekend!  And I've loved every minute of it :)

Yesterday was our 3B (bachelor/bachelorette/birthday) dinner (we celebrated my sister's birthday, as well),  and it was so much fun.  I got all dolled up, and we met everyone at Moxie's in West Edmonton Mall.



We had a great dinner together (where I consumed some delicious white peach bellinis).  It was nice to spend some quality time with friends before the wedding, in a non-formal setting.  We got there a little early, and wandered around a bit with my sister and her family.  Then we had the task of waiting for our table of 12 at the Moxies... it was about an hour wait!  The food was great, as per usual at Moxies... I'd have to say it's one of my favourite restaurants, and dad even paid for Robyn and I, how generous!  I ate way too much, though, and then tried to cap it off with some ice cream from Marble Slab... Robyn had to finish that off for me, though.

Afterwards, Robyn and I went to Kippy's house to watch "Silver Linings Playbook," but I was so tired, and had such a bad headache, that we only made it through half of the movie.  It's really good though, so I want to see the rest!

Today was kind of a relaxing day, but we still accomplished some stuff!  I woke up late, and was feeling kinda icky, so we took it easy.  I caught up on blog reading, and then we took a walk down to Superstore to get some groceries and toiletries.  Yay!  More salad stuff!  We even got a Tupperware container with a lid on it, so that my salad stuff stays fresh in the fridge!

We've been getting picture updates from the lady who is baking our wedding cake for us, and she finished our cake topper today (she's making it out of fondant, without the lard, so that it will dry out, so we can keep it.).  It turned out even more amazing than I hoped for!  I had found some cake toppers online that I fell in love with, but they would have been close to $300 for them.  Robyn asked our baker if  she would be able to make them for us, and she said she would give it a shot, and they turned out amazing!  When Robyn showed me the picture, I got so excited, I squealed louder than I even knew I could, and I yelled out "OHMYGODDDD!  THEY'RE SO CUTE, I'M GONNA DIE!!!"


Aren't they precious??!  I can't wait to see the rest of the cake!

It just hit me the other day how close our wedding really is!  Thirteen days!  And then we have our fabulous honeymoon in Bali right afterwards!  I'm so darn excited :)

Well, that's my weekend recap!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend,  as well!  The weather out here has been amazing today, so I'm thinking I might need to take in some hammock time!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3