Saturday, April 27, 2013

shopping day...

We went shopping today!  And now I'm utterly exhausted.

Damn you, West Edmonton Mall!!

Seriously, that mall is just as packed as malls in Korea... it's terrible!  Plus, I am certain that there is no air conditioning ANYWHERE in that mall!  I was roasting as soon as we got in there.

The only place we could find parking was by the Caesar's Bingo, and we had to walk through the massive cloud of cigarette smoke being produced by the thirty people milling around and smoking outside of the Bingo place.

Brutal.

Anywho...

We started off with lunch at New Asian Village, which was amazing... but my stomach has shrunk since I began my all salad diet, and I ate more than I usually do, so I felt sick for the rest of the day.

DAMN THEIR DELICIOUS FOOD!!

I don't even feel like eating dinner tonight, now... and it's seven hours post Indian food binge.

Anyway...

We got into the mall, we met up with my darling sister and my lovely mom, and we commenced helping mom find a pair of shoes to wear to the wedding.

This would have been a normally sane idea... had we gone to ANY OTHER MALL!  Seriously... how does half of Edmonton not have anything better to do than to go to West Eddie Mall when my family wants to go there??

I have to say, though, that the trip started off well.  Robyn bought me bus tickets (YAY!), and then we stopped at a hat store, and Robyn found his wedding hat, and he bought a cute hat for me, too!
Definitely my new favourite piece of the summer!  I love the lace, and the beaded flower.  I can't wait to wear it on our honeymoon... Robyn will just have to remind me to put sunscreen on my ears!

Three hours later, all of us exhausted and ready for a nap (including my two nieces), we finally checked our last store, and found mom a pair of shoes.

HALLELUJAH!

(Seriously, is that how hallelujah is spelled??)

Anywyay...

They look cute, and she found them to be decently comfy.

Score!

After we found mom's shoes, Robyn brought the car around from the other side of the mall, so mom wouldn't have to walk the mall again, and we went home.  It was pretty darn nice to sit in the air conditioning and enjoy a nice quiet ride after being in that zoo of a mall.

Oh!  We also stopped at Teavana in the mall, and picked up some of our favourite teas:

Peach Tranquility

and

Citrus, Lavender, Sage

I made a big ol' pitcher of homemade iced tea, not sweet tea, with some of the Peach Tranquility, and our Indian Yellow Label black tea.

THANK GOODNESS FOR SPRING!

Delicious iced tea time!
Can't wait for it to cool down enough so we can chill it in the fridge, and then drink it.

You can make iced tea with cold water, instead of hot, but I find that the flavour is more intense with hot, and you don't have to use as much tea!

I'm gonna cap this off with a little review of the lipstick I wore today, because I just love it so darn much!

Today I wore one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, the Korean Candy Sheen Supreme lipstick.  Korean Candy is described as a "Bright Orange-Red" on the website, and was exactly what I was looking for when I was looking for a nice orange-y lipstick.  The formula is so smooth, and it's super hydrating, too... and I just LOVE the colour!
It's definitely one of my favourite lip colours, and it's such a joy to wear all day... it's not drying at all!  You can definitely tell from my picture of the tube that it's one of my most well-used lipsticks!  It spends a lot of time in my pockets and purses.

Well, that's all for now!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3