Sunday, July 15, 2012

well, well, well...

Where to begin?

Well...

I met fiance on OkCupid.  He was date number eleventy billion.... I was losing hope by this point, to be honest.

Our first date was kind of impromptu.  Well, I knew it was going to HAPPEN, on the DAY that it happened... I just didn't know what TIME.

I was in the midst of writing my final exams, and I had just gone to McDonald's for iced coffee and a cheese burger, and was just getting into my apartment where I was hoping to enjoy these delicacies (hah!), when my phone rang, and fiance was on the other end of the line.  He wanted to meet up right then to hang out.

"But... cheeseburger..." was my first thought.

Then I put it in the fridge, sacked up, and told fiance I would meet him at the normal coffee shop where I met every single other guy... I AM TERRIBLE.

He sounded nice enough, anyway... I had a good feeling about this one... just like the rest, haha.

I got to the coffee shop super early, as per usual, and sat waiting for him to show up.  When he arrived, he showed up with this beauty:


Yes, lovelies, that is a bouquet of fruit!  How adorable is that?!

In all of my first dates, not a single guy even brought flowers, let alone something as creative as a bouquet of fruit!

We talked for hours, and it only seemed like minutes... we had the amazing connection that I had been hoping for, and things just grew from there.


Fiance drinking coffee, not our first date.

We had our first date on December 20th, by April, I was living with him, by May we were discussing what we thought would be nice places to get married, then we got engaged, started booking things for our wedding, and now here we are!

The ring he gave me is lovely, it was his mother's ring:


I love it so much, and I get goosebumps every time I look at it and think of him!


There is fiance and I during a hike at Mount Edith Cavell.

Our wedding is going to be at the Devonian Gardens in the Japanese garden... it's such a beautiful venue, and I am so excited that we were able to book it!







Those are just a few photos from a previous trip to the garden!  It's such a great location for a wedding, and we were able to do our engagement photos there, as well!  I can't wait to share those with you all!

Well, that's the long and the short of our little love story so far... the future holds big plans for us... he's agreed to give Korea a try for a year!  I'm so excited to take him to one of my favourite places in the world, and to share that adventure, again, with you all!

Anyway, I should be in bed, I have work in the morning.

Talk to you all later!

Toodles, lovelies <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3