Saturday, May 18, 2013

day eighteen: the fish...

Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

My family used to have a trailer and a lake lot out at Lake Isle, here in Alberta.  We used to go quite often in the summers, and it was always so much fun!  One year, when i was probably in Kindergarten, we went up there, and I remember the weather being amazing.  It was so sunshiney out, and the water in the lake was warm.  I was wading in up to my knees, and chasing the little minnows around, when I managed to catch one!  I was ecstatic!  I ran over to show my mom, and that was about the time she decided we should head back to the trailer.  I remember being so proud of my fish, and that I had caught it with my bare hands, I knew I wanted to take it back to the trailer to show dad.  So, I kept a firm grip on my fish, and we all walked back down the trail to the trailer together.  We got about halfway there, and I looked down at my fish, and noticed that his eyeball had popped out of his head.  I was DISGUSTED!  I immediately threw him into the bush, and was super pissed that my fish decided to be disgusting, so I couldn't show my dad.  We got back to the trailer, and I'm sure I told my dad, but I don't remember much about that.  I just remember being super disgusted that my fish had the audacity to pop out its eyeball when I was carrying it back.  Odds are I had probably squeezed it too hard.



Don't forget to enter my totally awesome 10 000 page views giveaway!  It will be awesome!  I will draw for the winner on June 10th!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3